Submissions now OPEN! SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM TO SUBMIT!
CALL TO WOMEN ARTISTS of Vancouver Island and Gulf Islands!
Voices of Women through Canadian History
An exhibition in celebration of International Women’s Day, 8 March, 2017
March 2 - March 12
Deadline for Submission: Wednesday, February 8, 2017
Theme: Voices of Women through Canadian History
EXHIBITION DATES: March 2 - March 12
VAC Fort Street Gallery (636 Fort Street)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION online: 8 February 2017
(scroll to the bottom of the page to submit images and information)
Submit online at the bottom of the page here with digital photos of your work, titles and a brief description of your thoughts around those questions!
This is a lightly juried show open to women artists living on Vancouver Island and the Gulf
Islands (full-time and part-time residents). This show is open to women artists of all levels, and artists do not need to be CACGV members to enter.
The submission deadline is Wednesday, February 8 at 4:30pm.
Show Location: VAC Fort Street Gallery (636 Fort Street)
Submission Guidelines: All artwork is to be submitted through the online form below as jpg digital images for adjudication. Artists will be charged a 20% commission on any art sales (this commission includes all transaction fees).
- Art of all media will be accepted, both 2-D and 3-D
- Up to 3 pieces per artist will be accepted for adjudication (diptychs and triptychs are considered one piece)
- If you are entering heavy work you must be available to provide assistance in moving it in and out of the venue (1 regular size dolly is provided)
- If any accepted work is in violation of the above guidelines, the VAC retains the right to remove it from the show
Photo Quality of Images of Art Work Submitted:
- Use plain or graded backgrounds
- Must be clearly focused, well-lit and properly exposed
- Artists may be asked to submit new pictures if images are of poor quality
- All images MUST give as close a representation of the work as possible in terms of colour and detail
- Artwork that does not conform to submission image quality may be refused
Number of Images:
- Up to two images for each 2-D or photographic submission
- Up to three images for each 3-D submission
- Maximum 4MB
- In jpg format
INFORMATION TO INCLUDE WITH SUBMISSION
Contact Information: all contact information must be up to date and accurate (artist’s name, telephone number and email).
Medium and Substrate: a brief explanation of the primary artistic materials (i.e. oil, acrylic, watercolour, etc.) and the substrate or base materials, if any (i.e. canvas, steel, wood panel, rice paper, silk, etc).
Dimensions: measurements of the artwork in inches (height by width), in two or three dimensions, as appropriate.
Price: The retail (sale) price of the artwork including all applicable taxes. You are not required to have your piece for sale, the label can be marked as Not For Sale. Please go ahead and submit your piece with a price of $0.
Optional description: Artists may give an optional 25 word description of their artwork to give jurors insight into the artistic process and techniques used.
Note: If you do include such a description, we reserve the right to print this and place it in a folder with all artists’ descriptions of their work.
Artist Contracts: Artists accepted for the show will be contacted within ten days of the deadline and offered contracts. Because the CACGV is a community based institution with very limited funding, insurance and transport of art work is the responsibility of the artists.
~ * PLEASE SHARE THIS CALL TO ARTISTS TO ARTISTS YOU KNOW ON VANCOUVER ISLAND & THE GULF ISLANDS! * ~
n.b. We will only accept images up to 1000 pixels on the largest dimension and maximum 4 mb file size. If you do not have the software to resize your images, you can find an image resizer online.